February 16 Update:
Early voting hours at the Court House Annex ONLY have been amended as follows:
- Sunday, February 25, 2018 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Monday, February 26, 2018 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, February 27, 2018 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, February 28, 2018 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
The Bastrop County Republican Primary is not “in limbo”.
ALL statutory deadlines have been met.
- All ballots have been designed and reviewed. I proofed the ballots and signed off on them the first week in January. I have no notice that they have been printed.
- The Elections Administrator by law is responsible for mailing military and overseas ballots. The legal deadline to have done so was January 20. I have no notice that has been done.
- All polling locations have been selected and publicly advertised.
- Dates, times and locations for early voting are complete and have been published on this website as required by law.
- Poll workers are in place for early voting.
The poll worker list for election day (not yet due) is nearly complete.(2/6/18: This is completed.)
- Poll worker training has been scheduled.
- The Elections Administrator is responsible for updating information on BastropVotes.org.
As of this writing, voters cannot access their sample ballots from their individual voter registration records.(1/30/18: This is completed.)
On January 25, the Statesman, Smithville Times and Bastrop Advertiser printed a misleading article with commentary from politically-motivated individuals who are openly supporting my opponent in the race for Republican Chair. These papers are all owned by the Austin-American Stateman, so a single article is printed in all three. For those who read Facebook, it’s important you know that your Republican Party chair has been blocked from commenting on the various pages where this politically-motivated #fakenews has been shared, so the falsehoods posted there cannot be refuted.
I want to assure the public that the election is not “in limbo” and will take place as scheduled.
~Jeanne Raley, Bastrop County Republican Chair